Well FooDiva has slightly adapted a Mireille Giuliano recipe, replacing chicken and sundried tomatoes, with turkey and cherry tomatoes respectively. I find local chicken quite tough, and much prefer tender turkey- it’s also renowned for its sleep-inducing tryptophan, and high calcium mineral content. As for the tomato change, just a FooDiva preference!
Ingredients (serves four):
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 (150-175g) skinless, boneless turkey breasts
Salt and freshly ground pepper
200g cherry tomatoes – chopped
20 small black olives – pitted and halved
1 tablespoon capers – rinsed and drained
Pinch of cayenne pepper
Sautéed spinach, garlic and lemon for serving
1. Heat the olive oil in a nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat.
2. Season the turkey with salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, until golden – about 10 minutes.
3. Remove the chicken from the pan and reserve.
4. Deglaze the pan with two tablespoons water and reduce until syrupy – about 1.5 minutes.
5. Add the tomatoes, olives, capers, and chicken and cook until heated through – about 1 minute.
6. Add more seasoning if you like, and also the cayenne.
7. Serve immediately over spinach sautéed with garlic and lemon.
Real comfort food – bon appétit!